- InfoDocs: meaning of InfoDocs (Pty) Ltd a company registered in the Republic of South Africa with registration number 2017/110492/07.
- Storage: meaning disk storage, as provided by the AWS S3 and EC2 storage solutions.
- Website: meaning www.infodocs.co.za or subdomains of infodocs.co.za.
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- information that you provide by filling in any forms on our website. This includes information provided at the time of enquiring about our services, subscriptions to any of our services, posting or uploading material to our website (including any images),or requesting information from us through the contact section of the website;
- if you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of that correspondence, and we may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our website;
- we may from time to time ask you to provide feedback that we use for research purposes, although the provision of this feedback is optional;
- details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the provision of your orders and/or subscriptions;
- details of your visits to our website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data and the resources that you access;
- we may collect standard log information about your computer and your visit, including (where available) your IP address, location, operating system and browser type for system administration and anonymous aggregate statistical information. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual;
- we may collect information on the pages you visit on while you use our website. This data is held indefinitely in an aggregated and anonymised form and is used by us to streamline the user experiences and enhance our services for you;
- any other information necessary for purposes incidental to those listed above.
- Our website and applications may be hosted by third-party providers from time to time who are located outside the Republic of South Africa.
- Our current website and application host providers and data operators are:
Google (Google LLC); AWS (Amazon Web Services); Wave Accounting (Wave Financial Inc); EngageBay (EngageBay Inc) and Peach Payments.
- Payment transaction information is not stored on our servers and is passed to appropriate payment processing companies to process on our behalf.
- Where you have been given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website or application, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and to keep it safe.
- Although we will do our best to protect the integrity and confidentiality of your personal information during transit via the use of encryption and secure websites, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we haved received your information, we will use strict internal procedures and security protocols to prevent unauthorised access.
- Where there are reasonable grounds to believe your personal information has been accessed or acquired by any unauthorised person, you will be notified as soon as reasonably possible after the discovery of the compromise.
- We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you, and for the device with which you view it;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between your organisation and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so;
- to notify you about changes to our terms and conditions.
- We may also use your personal information to provide you with details of similar or relevant additional products, features and services which may be of interest to you or your organisation, and we may contact you about these by email, post or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about relevant services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or subscription to you or your organisation (unless you consent to receive such material by electronic means from us from time to time).
- We will never pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any businees or assets, in which case we may, only if it is relevant, disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if the company, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by the Company about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; and
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
- We will pass your details to appropriate payment processing providers for the purpose of administering and processing payments for transactions relating to the provision of services. Our current payment provider is Peach Payments. (Note: These providers may change from time to time, depending on ongoing business requirements).
Links to Other Sites
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our group companies, advertisers, affiliates and partners. If you access a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
- The Promotion of Access to Information Act of 2000 (PAIA) gives you the right to access personal information held about you. You can find out if we hold any personal information about you by making a formal request. If we do hold information about you, we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holdiing it;
- tell you who it would be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy.
- Any formal request should be made in writing to us as per clause 11 below and may be subject to a nominal fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information.
- If you believe that any information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as per clause 12 below. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Implementation of Policy
This Policy shall be deemed effective as of 20 February 2021. No part of this Policy shall have retroactive effect and shall thus apply only to matters occurring on or after this date.
Copyright © 2022 Info Docs. All rights reserved. Proudly South African.